The special missions elite team of Aigaleo city, in order to educate and inform the citizens, organizes the BLS/AED seminar.
The <<Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with automated external defibrillator (BLS/AED, ERC)>>, provides certified education in basic, nonetheless life-saving knowledge and skills on the application of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) using automated external defibrillator (AED), in situations of cardiac arrest in adults, according to the latest guidelines by ERC (European Resuscitation Council).
The seminar is recommended to all citizens, students, health professionals, members of voluntary rescue teams, enforcement bodies, etc.
The duration of the seminar is 5 hours, it is approved and certified by the European Resuscitation Council (ERC)and provides:
1. Demonstration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation using automated external defibrillator (based on real time scenario).
2. A lecture on cardiopulmonary resuscitation
3. Small groups of people training on cardiopulmonary resuscitation on educational dolls.
4. A lecture on automated external defibrillator.
5. Training on placing the victim in recovery position.
6. Training on relief of chocking from external object.
Three year certificates of competence (internationally-recognized) from ERC will be given following the expiry of the seminar. ERC is the only officially recognized provider in Europe, that implements and certifies BLS/AED courses.
The equipment needed for the training, rescue and health material, rescue dolls, training defibrillator, pocket masks, are available and comply with quality and safety standards.
The seminar is based on the principles of interactive education, allowing a significant decrease on the lecture time and increase on the training time, by using small groups, skill training stations and realistic scenarios of heart arrest assimilation, using training rescue dolls and defibrillators.